Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
Co-Teachers / Youth Mentors / Child Development - YMCA Before & After Elementary School Programs
The YMCA of Central Florida operates a unique Before and After Elementary School Program with multiple locations throughout Orange County. We have immediate needs throughout Orlando; including Hunters Creek, Lake Nona and Windermere.
Seeking energetic and dedicated Co-Teachers to implement our award winning program that offers curriculum focused on providing academic support, homework help, health and wellness, enrichment and youth mentorship in a safe and nurturing environment during out of school hours.
Individuals will be responsible for implementing and supervising all aspects of daily activities for youth (grades K – 5). Elementary School staff ensure that the YMCA is hosting a successful before and after school program that will foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth. This program is a unique program within the YMCA of Central Florida, as these are year round positions – staff work on site at Orange County School locations during the ten month school year and they have the option to work Summer Camp during the eight-ten weeks of summer.
Discover your passion through a rewarding position and be part of something BIGGER. You can make a real impact on youth; all while continuing to explore your leadership potential in an array of positions with career advancement opportunities at the YMCA of Central Florida.
Typical Program Hours are Monday - Friday:
- After-school hours: 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Flexible schedules may consist of before-school, after school or a combination split shift (Before-school hours: 7:00 am – 8:30 am)
- 2 years previous child care experience is preferred
- Desire and ability to work with children of all ages
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability
- Excellent communication skills
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
$9.22 per hour + relevant work experience will be factored additionally into the wage.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides an excellent working environment and great benefits which include the following:
- FREE YMCA membership for employee & a discounted rate for household
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- Career advancement & growth opportunities
- The YMCA of Central Florida offers a challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!