IT Development Manager
- Career Level
We’re looking for an aspiring leader, problem solver, and innovator to help manage our team of application developers. The successful candidate will bring a strong background in application development with a keen focus on the people side of quality, efficiency, and innovation. They will drive innovation and continuous improvement in software development methodology as well as tools to increase productivity and quality.
- Work to define strategies and roadmaps for transitioning our development team to a methodology works best within the organization.
- Share a passion for Agile Software Development Methodologies and practices, while avoiding dogmatic adherence to any one packaged agile “brand”.
- Have a tenacity for continual improvement, sharing knowledge, and solving complex problems.
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements and identify and resolve systems issues
- Meet regularly with direct reports to review project, performance, and personnel issues.
- Coach and develop direct reports and support them in the development of their respective teams where applicable.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Must be able to lead a technical team of individuals to accomplish application development projects and tasks
- Must have experience developing and mentoring a team
- Experience with SQL
- A strong understanding and experience with object-oriented design and development
- Excellent C# 4.0+ and .NET 4.0+ Framework knowledge and skills
- Experience with source control tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- 3+ years experience leading a development team
- 6+ years of progressive responsibilities within Application development IT functions, with a strong track record of work delivery and organizational leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields or equivalent work experience
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- 6+ years experience leading a development team
- Experience in ASP.NET (Web Forms, MVC, Web services), WCF or related server side web technologies
Apply for IT Development Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly