Business Assistant – YMCA Camp Wewa (Apopka, FL)
Seasonal (February – August, 2018)
Are you looking to grow in your professional work experience and make a real impact in the lives of youth? We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Assistant at our beautiful 60 acre YMCA residential Camp Wewa located in the Orlando suburb of Apopka, Florida.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, Camp Program Director or Finance Director, the Business Assistant is responsible for ensuring accuracy and timely processing of camp registration, scholarship, and administrative reporting data and information.
S/he will establish and maintain collections process to minimize delinquent account losses and assist in identifying and managing delinquent campership and program accounts. This individual will contact campers with outstanding payments and past due accounts by phone, mail and email to maximize collections, as well as collect and enter payments to the campership accounts and update bank account EFT information within required deadlines.
This individual will coordinate the annual campership renewal process and scholarship camper renewal process. The incumbent must be a self-starter and analytically inclined with a high attention to detail and very organized. Prior work experience in an office administrative environment with payment collections responsibilities is highly preferred. S/he must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively communicate in person, by email and phone.
To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Associates degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of office, or business operations required.
- Previous collections and/ or customer service experience is desired.
- YMCA membership operations experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required, including a high level of skill in Excel.
- Acromobile experience a plus.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional part-time employee benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for household.
- Career growth opportunities with one of the largest and most innovative YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. To learn more about the YMCA of Central Florida and to apply online, please visit our website at: http://ymcacentralflorida.com/about-us/careers/ > Browse Open Staff Positions.