Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
In a unique partnership with the Walt Disney World, the YMCA of Central Florida operates two state-of-the-art licensed child care facilities on Disney property in Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee, Florida. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and obtaining successful program outcomes, these locations recently became Apple accredited! weekend shifts.
At the Y we build strong families, raise strong kids, and we support parents as a compassionate organization; offering eligible families scholarship opportunities for quality child development services. These are just a few ways the early childhood development staff impact children through Youth Development.
*Availability to work weekend shifts required.
EARLY CHILDHOOD ASSISTANT TEACHERS / TEACHERS:
YMCA Learning Centers are seeking dynamic Early Childhood Assistants / Teachers to join our weekend team. Ideal candidates must enjoy and respect young children and their families, be reliable, and have enthusiasm for learning.
This individual is responsible for the care and education of a group of children as a part of a teaching team. Our teachers work in teaching teams to plan, implement, as well as supervise the activities in a curriculum that is in accordance with the developmentally appropriate practices as defined by the Accredited Professional Preschool Learning Environment (APPLE), DCF regulations and Central Florida YMCA operational policies. This position requires active participation with other members of the teaching team, administration and parents to ensure our children receive the consistent, nurturing care they need to develop socially, physically and cognitively.
- Associate Degree in early childhood education, child development, or equivalent preferred. A minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an early learning program, licensed childcare center or home-based childcare preferred.
- Adult / Child CPR & First Aid certified; trainings available for Y staff.
- 18 years or older and must be able to exercise mature judgment and decision-making.
- Must successfully complete the Department of Children & Families 40 hour Introductory Child Care Training in specified time period as outlined in the Florida Administrative Code Childcare Standards.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- EXCLUSIVE for eligible YMCA at Walt Disney World employees: Main Entrance pass that gives access to employee to any Walt Disney World Orlando Theme Park.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household members.
- Full-time employees are eligible to receive: Affordable and excellent quality health care (medical, dental, vision options). Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee. And a generous paid time off package.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Apply today for consideration to attend one of our upcoming group & individual interviewing sessions with a hiring director!