Neighborhood Center for Families (NCF) Administrative Assistant
JOB TITLE: NCF ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT DEPARTMENT: CCC NCF
LOCATION: ORANGE COUNTY- (ENGELWOOD)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Conducts general administrative support and clerical work; providing complex information orally or in writing to internal and external customers/staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greets public and directs them to appropriate staff, answers incoming calls, makes proper call transfers, and completes facsimile activities. Makes appointments, furnishes information to the public, makes client appointments, and registers program participants.
- Collects and prepares data for entry into computer, enters data into the computer, on reports, case records, form letters, invoices, agenda, contracts and other material.
- Tracks participant activities and communicates appropriate program information that includes but is not limited to days, hours, eligibility, organization, enrollment deadlines, and staff contact information.
- Gathers information from various sources to utilize or for use by others in answering correspondence, preparing reports, or preparing/providing information to the public or staff.
- Files and sorts, keeps records, maintains files, types and initiates correspondence, memoranda, reports and contracts and documents. May order and/or gather supplies and deliver to program areas. May set-up/breakdown participant program areas.
- Assists at community events as assigned. Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to operate common office equipment, including a computer, 10-key calculator.
- Ability to gain knowledge of all areas of the Agency.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and use good judgment and initiative in performance of duties.
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government entities, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Ability to communicate using speaking, listening and writing skills.
- May be required to demonstrate ability to type at the rate of a minimum 35 correct WPM.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in listening and empathy.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to clients and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- One (1) year experience in performing clerical duties.
- Experience in a social service/community collaborative setting preferred.
Bilingual is required.
SALARY RANGE: $10.93 per hour PAY GRADE: 4
BENEFITS: For medical, there is no family insurance benefit (employee only at current rate); however, family insurance benefit available at 100% cost to employee.
Applications /Resumes: Apply online or via fax: 407-522-5072
CLOSING DATE: Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability