With summer quickly upon us, the YMCA of Central Florida has an exciting opportunity for a Seasonal Aquatics Coordinator at our Avalon Park YMCA Family Center. Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director or Executive Director, this individual assists in the supervision of all aquatics staff and aquatics programming within the Family Center. S/he supports member participation and retention through assisting in the development and execution of aquatics programs to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all members. The incumbent must be available to work a flexible schedule during peak times of business, including mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed. This individual will support the department by coordinating employee schedules and payroll responsibilities.
- Assist in the implementation of aquatic programs including lap swimming, swim lessons, swim team and group exercise classes that promote retention of existing members and engage new members.
- Assist in the supervision of department staff and ensure they are always following all safety and policy regulations. Lead staff to support aquatic initiatives to achieve retention goals.
- Perform lifeguarding duties, swim lesson instruction, coaching of swim team and direction of aquatics programs as scheduled, or in order to provide substitution coverage.
- Maintain accurate aquatic schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for member/staff connections. Collaborate with department leads to maximize enrollments in program registration and pool usage.
- Collaborate with the Facility Director to coordinate regularly scheduled pool inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order at all times. Coordinate and schedule pool and equipment maintenance and repairs. Purchase equipment, parts and supplies approved by the purchase requisition process.
- Monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies. Ensure all staff are current with required certifications. Maintain compliance with required documentation of pool operation.
- Utilize available technology, reporting tools and data that enhance aquatics participation and member retention.
- Assist in the planning and execution of aquatic events at the Family Center. Promote the Family Center and the YMCA of Central Florida’s special events among the members and community.
- Assist in identifying active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Scholarship Campaign.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Education, Training and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in aquatics related field required.
- YMCA aquatics or operations experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current Oxygen Administration certification required.
- Current Lifeguard certification required. (YMCA Lifeguard certification preferred; Red Cross Lifeguard certification is acceptable, but must receive YMCA certification within 60 days).
- Current YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification required within 60 days.
- Current YMCA Pool Operator on Location certification or Certified Pool Operator required.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Instructor, YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Trainer and YMCA Aquatic Management certifications a plus.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and discounted household rate.
- Career growth opportunities with one of the largest and most innovative YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.