Company Overview and Benefits
EXPLORE AN AMAZING CAREER AT THE Y
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through your development, healthy living and social responsibility, the YMCA of Central Florida offers more than just a job – we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting impact in your community.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
The Y impacts lives all over Central Florida through our 27 Family Centers and with over 2,000 employees, giving you tremendous opportunities to make a difference. Whatever your talent, interest, or level of experience, you can realize your potential in an array of available positions in our areas of focus.
SKILLS WE ARE SEEKING IN PASSIONATE CANDIDATES:
- Passion for helping others
- Outstanding relationship builder
- Team player
- Innate leader
- Great communicator
- Proficient in web & new media
- Organized and self-motivated
- High energy and enthusiastic
Visit Our Website | Careers
The Learning Center, operated by the Central Florida YMCA consists of two state-of-the-art licensed child care facilities located on Walt Disney World property in Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee.
We are currently seeking dependable individuals with a passion for early childhood education to join our team as year-round Assistant Teachers and Teachers, as well as seasonal Camp Counselors during the summer months. Offering full-time, part-time, evening and weekend shifts. The Learning Center provides quality childcare, combined with a high level customer service experience and a continuous focus on operational improvements.
*Candidates Must have Weekend Availability
Explore a few of our new and innovative offerings:
- New Competitive Wage Plan
- New Extended 3-day Weekend Shift Schedule, with Full-time Benefits
- Frog Street Curriculum and Programing, known for academic and social emotional learning
At the Learning Center you’ll discover much more than another child care job. Invest in your future with a career at the Y, and you’ll be part of something BIGGER! Inspiring bright minds, building strong bodies and nurturing kind hearts.
Staff are responsible for the care and education of a group of children as a part of a teaching team, while maintaining a secure and safe environment for learning and play. Assistant Teachers and Teachers work in teams to plan, implement, as well as supervise the activities in a curriculum that is in accordance with the developmentally appropriate practices as defined by the Accredited Professional Preschool Learning Environment (APPLE), DCF regulations and Central Florida YMCA operational policies. S/he must possess good communication and interpersonal skills as this position requires active participation with other members of the teaching team, administration and guardians to ensure our children receive the consistent, nurturing care they need to develop socially, physically and cognitively.
Ideal candidates are seeking a career working with youth, displays a positive and professional demeanor, has a proven track-record in job consistency and reliability, enjoys and respects young children and their families, has an enthusiasm for learning.
- Associate Degree in early childhood education, child development, or equivalent preferred. A minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an early learning program, licensed childcare center or home-based childcare.
- Adult / Child CPR & First Aid certified; trainings available for Y staff.
- 18 years or older and must be able to exercise mature judgment and decision-making.
- Must successfully complete the Department of Children & Families 45 hour Introductory Child Care Training in specified time period as outlined in the Florida Administrative Code Childcare Standards.
Along with a new competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- EXCLUSIVE for eligible YMCA at Walt Disney World employees: Main Entrance pass that gives access to employee to any Walt Disney World Orlando Theme Park. Employees enjoy additional guest passes two times a year, and after 3 years, employees receive a main gate for admission of 3 additional guests.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household members.
- Full-time employees are eligible to receive: Affordable and excellent quality health care (medical, dental, vision options). Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee. And a generous paid time off package.
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Apply today for consideration to attend one of our upcoming group & individual interviewing sessions with a hiring director!