Human Resource Representative
TITLE: Human Resource Representative
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Human Resource Representative is responsible for the overall support and administrative functions within one restaurant location, and as needed for the corporate HR group. This role assists restaurant Managers and HR Manager with recruiting efforts for hourly positions and directing new hires through the onboarding process. Specific administrative support of the Human Resources Department in the areas of: orientation, HRIS, maintaining employee files, payroll, training and development, and certification.
RECRUITING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate regularly with Restaurant managers to ensure accurate job postings, review candidate stream, and assist with overall hourly staffing needs.
- Plan, schedule, develop marketing materials and strategies for recruiting efforts, and conduct Job Fairs.
- Research, implement, and coordinate intern and extern programs
- Assist with the communication, screening, and evaluation of candidate resumes as requested by Restaurant managers.
- Assist candidates with questions and needs, both in person and on the phone.
- Conduct reference and background checks
- Maintain and order new handbooks, benefits materials, and other employment-related forms.
ONBOARDING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate candidate experience from ATS to employee – full cycle onboarding and completion of all necessary functions (internal and external) and documents.
- Utilize E-Verify to screen new hires and maintain appropriate I-9 documentation.
- Maintain, store, and secure employee records.
- Maintain copies of training manuals.
- Participate in employee orientation activities as needed.
ADMINISTRATION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support HR Manager with Unemployment, FMLA, and Workers Compensation administration.
- Maintain and Coordinate Disney OP reporting, Audits, and training scheduling
- Coordinate bi-weekly payroll reports
- Maintain and order new handbooks, EAP brochures and other employment-related forms.
- Monitor and schedule regulatory certifications for Responsible Vending and Food Sanitation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate professional maturity to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Able to critically evaluate candidates and display a working knowledge of the restaurants business, both from an operational and business perspective.
- Ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer, calculator, and copier. Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and email. Requires an extremely high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and increments of time and apply basic math.
- Proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office Suite, and prior ATS, and HRIS experience preferred.
- Spanish proficiency is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma and two years progressive human resource experience; or a combination of education and experience. Certification, Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in human resources preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.