Manager, Attractions Operations
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees an area of attractions at a Universal Orlando Theme Park (Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure). Manages day to day ride and show park operational functions while providing exemplary safety, service, cleanliness and efficiency.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of Universal Orlandos shows and attractions while providing a safe environment, in addition to superior guest service, cleanliness and efficiency. Responsible for opening or closing the attractions department and/or officer of the day responsibilities depending on scheduled shift. Works with the opening/closing attractions supervisors to ensure attractions are appropriately staffed and operationally ready by park opening. Responsible for any technical ride down times, guest situations, special events, express program issues and other tasks related to the everyday park operation.
- Manages supervisors and hourly team members by providing feedback on performance, giving direction on how to handle, solve and prevent situations and developing communication, decision making and reasoning skills. Creates development plans, gives direction to Supervisors on administering memos and employee counselings. Ensures all team member schedules, performance appraisals and documentation is completed in a timely and consistent manner. Addresses employee situations as needed and collaborates with HR team when necessary for guidance.
- Manages daily labor and looks for ways to improve overall efficiency of attractions operations. Monitors and adjusts labor hours and budgets according to attendance levels, operating needs and other variables.
- Updates and enforces company policies and procedures and departmental training and safety. This includes developing, writing and updating operating and training manuals, producing spot talks, documenting and addressing infractions.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages 5-6 Supervisors direct, 12-15 indirect and 300 hourly team members with 80% of time supervising.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university in Communications or Business Administration preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years park operations experience with 1-3 years Supervisory experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE