If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The primary responsibility of the Student Loan Management Advisor is to contact active, graduate, and withdrawn students and explain available repayment options to assist with avoiding default on Federal Loans. This is a mid-level customer service position.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Behave as a Full Sail University ambassador embracing our unique educational model, while maintaining the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and customer service
- Contacts graduate and withdrawn students in danger of defaulting and explains available repayment options to assist with avoiding default
- Counsel students on use of National Student Loan Database System to track loan history, lenders and services
- Counsels students on use of National Student Loan Database System to track loan history, lenders and services
- Complete In-School Deferment Requests
- Interacts with other University departments such as the Financial Aid Team, Registrars Office, Student Services, and Career Development to resolve issues to achieve daily goals
- Supports the preparation of student records for annual audit
- Provides recommendations to Management regarding policy and procedures
- Makes best use of debt management tools and reporting
- Assist in maintaining annual Cohort Rate, including reporting Incorrect Data Challenges to the Department of Education during the Cohort Cycle
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Serves as a life long resource to students needing assistance with loan repayment
- Other tasks as required
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to interact with students and staff in fast-paced environment
A friendly, professional demeanour, verbal and written communication skills, as well as proven excellence in customer service are essential
Ability to multitask and communicate effectively, using critical thinking and analysis skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Customer service experience preferred
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Click here to enter text.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and comfortable with technology
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds. This position requires sitting for long periods of time at a workstation and computer. Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule and work a 40 hour work week that may include some overtime, nights, and weekends.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.