Job Specification for BGGA Educational Coordinator
Knowledge and Experience: The ideal candidate is an individual who is passionate about education and learning, in a boarding academy environment. An individual who has knowledge and experience of the US education system and strong competency in college preparation for athletes. Someone with in-depth knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance, to optimally prepare BGGA students.An individual who is highly organized and structured, with excellent time management and attention to detail. They should be an excellent communicator and know how to build rapport and trust with student athletes. They must be completely trustworthy in the quality, timeliness, and implementation of work. This position provides oversight, in keeping with BGGA’s mission and to draw, enroll and retain students. A Master’s Degree in Education is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to initiate and nurture relationships with potential school families
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Understanding of marketing principals as they relate to student admissions
- Ability to long range plan and manage the daily details of implementation
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm (or 11:30 am – 8:30 pm) and Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Position Summary: The BGGA Educational Coordinator is tasked with developing the academic support program for BGGA which includes accountability for the academic progress and development of the students, monitoring and tracking grades, managing academic support and tutoring, ACT/SAT and TOEFL prep. They are the bridge between golf, the school and college placement. They are responsible for staffing the Education Center and managing communication and expectations with students and families.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with BGGA Management Group to review strategy and develop improved strategic initiatives, operations, policies and objectives with measurable performance targets for Education Center.
- Collaborate with partner schools on all academy student grades and academic needs.
- Meet with partner schools once a week for strong communication and partnership culture.
- Promote the core values and model the highest behavior standards for BGGA staff and students.
- Accountable for reporting and tracking all academy student grades on a monthly basis, starting from a baseline GPA.
- Oversee ESL and tutoring resources and schedules for BGGA students.
- Communicate with families on a monthly basis regarding student progress report
- Responsible for the creation of the school calendar with all testing, exam and key event dates to be submitted to management at the start of each semester.
- 9th & 10th grade, register for ACT Plan and PSAT
- Schedule TOEFL annually, as applicable
- Create Standardized Testing Schedule for 11th & 12th grade students
- Submit testing calendar to Golf Coaches before the start of the year (semester), so they can schedule tournaments around their ACT/SAT/TOEFL testing dates
- Support the creation and implementation of personalized learning plans for students who have academic challenges.
- Manage and/or supervise study hall
- Hires and trains tutors sub teachers for Education Center, as needed
- Participate in Student Life meetings (frequency To Be Determined)
- Provide a weekly (Monday) Education report to Management Group
- Provide a monthly report for the BGGA Management Group.
- Supervise maintenance and aesthetics of Education Center.
Follow the Processes and Procedures as outlined in the BGGA PPM, with the key behaviors being:
- Professional communication, verbal and written
- Timely reporting, trip approvals, expense reports
- Timely responses to emails and phone calls (within 24 business hours)
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Good time management and the ability to prioritize workload
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of our clients
- A team player who is supportive of the BGGA ethos and strategy
- Fiscally responsible with the budget