At the YMCA of Central Florida our Group Exercise Instructors lead engaging group classes and provide a high level of customer service and quality to our members. Our Avalon Park YMCA Family Center is searching for a dynamic and experienced Group Exercise Instructor to lead multiple group exercise classes.
This individual must have high energy, great with cultivating member relations, and technically sound to grow class participation and member engagement. S/he must be a strong communicator and motivator. This individual should have open availability to work during peak times of business, including week day afternoon shifts, weekends, and some holidays may be required.
*Ideal Availability - Sundays 1p-3p, Tuesdays 6a - 11a, Wednesdays 6a - 11a, Saturdays 9a - 10a
The YMCA of Central Florida will provide you with career opportunities and personal growth. Group Exercise Instructors receive a competitive rate while facilitating classes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 2 years’ experience choreographing and leading specialty group exercise classes strongly preferred.
- Current nationally recognized certifications in Group Exercise; in area of specialization required. Primary ACE or AFAA required. Les Mills certifications a plus.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.