Member Engagement Specialist
Full-time / Non-exempt (Hourly)
Accounts Receivable / Accounting Department
The YMCA of Central Florida is considered a recognized leader within the YMCA national movement, with operations in over 20+ locations across six counties, and an annual revenue of approximately $65M. We work in conjunction with our community members to improve the lives of others and ensure everyone, regardless of age, income or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive at the Y.
This position will report to the A/R Manager, located within our corporate office accounting team near Downtown Orlando, Florida. The Membership Engagement Specialist is responsible for ensuring accuracy and timely processing of various open Account Receivable functions; including but not limited to, outstanding account payments, refunds, adjustments, phone support, email inquiries, account reconciliation, administrative reporting data, and information in support of assigned Family Center(s).
The ideal candidate is organized with a keen attention to detail. They are a natural problem-solver, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and adapts well to change. They have an aptitude in technology; including Microsoft Excel and possess excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills.
Be part of something BIGGER. Explore your unlimited potential with a career at the Y!
- Follow and maintain collections process to minimize delinquent account losses and renewals. Assist in identifying and managing delinquent membership and program accounts.
- Processes membership account payments, reconcile cash, checks, refund requests, online program payments, and credit cards to ledger postings.
- Prepare and analyze various A/R related reports.
- Effectively communicate any collection issues with related departments and management.
- Provide support for incoming calls related to membership account, program account, online account support, and general account inquiries.
- Contact members with outstanding payments and past due accounts by phone, mail and email to maximize collection efforts.
- Collect and enter payments to the membership accounts and update credit card or bank account EFT information.
- Contact members regarding email inquiries by phone, mail and email.
- Collect and enter payments and update account information.
- Assist in the organization and execution of the annual scholarship campaign operations, including tracking, reporting, and entering pledges and payments.
- Assist in daily program support for the community with emphasis on schools and sports.
- Act as liaison to various internal departments, including the Family Centers, on issues regarding open account balances, membership renewals, and program participants’ accounts and payments.
- Provide guidance to members on policies and procedures as they relate to membership account balances, annual memberships, program participation, and the scholarship membership
- Participate in account reviews.
- Special assignments for the Accounts Receivable Manager as identified
Education, Training and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Associates degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in assisting accounting, office, or business operations required.
- Previous experience with customer support desired.
- Previous AR collections and/or B2B Collections experience highly preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required, including a high level of skill in Excel.
- Experience utilizing Salesforce, Zuora, or related ERP desired.
- Superior customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal). Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus.
- YMCA membership operations experience a plus.
- Proven experience with the ability to thrive in a high-volume, open cubicle, professional work environment; while maintaining high attention to detail.
Knowledge, Attitude, Skills, and Habits
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel within Central Florida. Must have valid Florida driver license.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to understand and resolve technical problems independently.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Must exhibit a professional, respectful, courteous demeanor.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as critical thinking ability.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced multi-priority environment.
- Ability to treat confidential information with sensitivity.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Must be open to learning, development, and growth both professionally and personally.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits, which include the following:
- Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities with the nation’s most valuable and recognized non-profit brands.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.