The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a resourceful and dynamic leader with proven progressive experience managing the day-to-day operations of a full service outreach YMCA as the Executive Director of the Wayne Densch YMCA Family Center. This facility with an annual operating budget of approximately $540,000 is located in Orlando, Florida within the Pine Hills community and employs 14 staff.
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of staff management and successful programming in the areas of wellness, aquatics, sports, youth development and membership/sales. They must be a team-motivator with superior organizational and interpersonal skills, able to lead independently and adapts easily to changing priorities. This individual will be an example of Y core values and will demonstrate them through programs and service offerings within a multi-cultural county, which caters to a diverse and family oriented community. Candidates will be challenged to provide a successful track record in comparable fiscal management; including the growth of revenue dollars, membership and the execution of innovative programs.
Under the guidance of the District Executive Director this individual will be involved in recruiting key community leaders and board members; create and implement a well-conceived development/fund raising plan to achieve short-term and long term objectives, and will lead the initiative by marshalling the resources of the board and soliciting private donations.
Our Association is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the YMCA movement. Be part of something BIGGER at the YMCA of Central Florida!
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in operations management within the health and wellness industry is essential; YMCA leadership experience highly preferred.
- Leadership skills, including selecting, managing, motivating, training, evaluating staff.
- Proven experience developing and implementing related operational processes, best practices and standards.
- Budget and fiscal management experience with similar revenue responsibilities.
- Must have proven experience in membership and program growth, specifically in the areas of: youth development, sports and wellness.
- Prior experience overseeing successful fund-raising and volunteer board development is essential.
- A professional demeanor and the ability to lead by example with a high level of credibility. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Shows initiative with the ability to lead independently, as well as within a large Association and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness with the ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently, anticipating potential issues before they arise and mitigates situations.
- Ability to perform under deadlines and multi-task.
- Technology skills; including Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Ability to interpret critical industry / operations data and reports.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits, which include the following:
- Quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options)
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Exceptional career opportunities.
- A challenging, fun, and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.