Senior Medical Technologist - Health Central Laboratory - Varies Shift - Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
The Medical Technologist, Sr. performs laboratory procedures, reports test results, monitors work flow, and evaluates compliance with service guarantees and quality control requirements.
- Graduate from an approved school of medical laboratory technology.
- Bachelor degree.
- Completion of an approved clinical laboratory training internship.
- Current Florida license as a Medical Technologist certified in the specialty/specialties required by the laboratory section assigned.
- Three (3) years laboratory experience required.
- Routinely monitors and participates in daily departmental operations.
- Addresses customer concerns and follow up in a timely manner.
- Serves as a resource to the department.
- Assists the supervisor in meeting the day to day operations and performs technologist in charge duties in the absence of the supervisor.
- Responsible for evaluating new test methodologies, current test mix, policy and procedure development, implementation, training, and compliance with regulatory and accrediting issues.
- Assists in the evaluation of current and future technology.