Assistant Director of Nursing - Center for Rehabilitation
Health Central - Center for Rehabilitation assists those recovering from an injury, recuperating from surgery, as a remedy for illness or injury that interferes with daily activities, or to prevent an injury and loss of function. Our therapists are knowledgeable and experienced in working with many types of patients. Evidence-based treatment plans are individually designed to assist patients in achieving their goals and help them pursue long-term health and wellness. Ocoee services include Orthopedic and Neurological rehabilitation.
Health Central Hospital Rehabilitation Services is committed to providing:
- The highest quality interdisciplinary rehabilitation services
- Lifelong solutions that meet each patient's individual needs
- A return to the highest level of functioning and independence for each patient
The Assistant Director of Nursing assists the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, and/or the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Maintains current Florida RN license renewed every two years.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Two (2) years of experience as a supervisor in a short-term rehabilitation and/or long-term care facility.
- Must possess training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Develops, implements, educates and audits the infection prevention program.
- Develops and educates team members following the annual education calendar.
- Develops and implements the nursing department orientation program.
- Completes flu vaccinations for Employee Health.
- Delivers required clinical education for general orientation.
- Monitors compliance with recommended restrictions from Employee Health and report injury statistics to the QA Committee.
- Manages Net Learning and ensures team member compliance.
- Assists Director of Nursing with daily functions of the department.
- Interviews, trains, coaches and counsels and completes performance evaluations for assigned team members.
- Performs hard and electronic chart audits for compliance.
- Assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health Central policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health Central policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions:
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.