Electrophysiology Tech - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - Cath Lab 1st Shift
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 285-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce.
We are searching for an experienced Electrophysiology Tech that performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention for cardiovascular procedures.
- A graduate of an accredited school of:
- Respiratory Care (RRT) or (CRT), or
- Radiological Technology (RT), or
- Cardiovascular Technology (CVT).
- Maintains current BLS and ACLS certification
- Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), A Bachelors degree in healthcare or science related field may substitute for RCES certification.
The following licensure or certification is required depending on the corresponding education above:
- CVT--Must have valid Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS). Must maintain 12 CEUs per year or 36 every three years.
- RRT-- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Licensed by the State of Florida (Department of Health). Renewed Bi-annually.
- CRT Certified by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Licensed by the State of Florida (Department of Health). Renewed Bi-annually.
- Rad Tech-- Valid Florida state license renewed every two years required. Valid American registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification. Renewed yearly.
- Three (3) years hospital experience in the Electrophysiology Lab required.
- Performs diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention for cardiovascular procedures.
- Provides direct patient care.
- Delivers advanced patient care and demonstrates competency while recognizing patient conditions, age specific needs while ensuring successful completion of procedures and protocols.
- Serves as a preceptor and/or charge.
- Presents at least one educational lecture for department per year.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in use of Bloom stimulator and physician electrophysiology protocols.
- Evaluates and independently resolves equipment problems, notifies Biomed and/or equipment company as appropriate to resolve the problem and report the issue to the supervisor.
- Coordinates the orientation process for new staff and assists in annual clinical review and knowledge updates for the staff.
- Communicates and collaborates with the medical staff and management to effectively plan and manage the department.
- Serves as a role model for staff and supports the hospital and departments goals and strategies.
- Coordinates care and delegates tasks and duties to team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Ensures the patients understanding of procedure performed, provides patient and family education while ensuring the patients needs, safety, and comfort are met while in the electrophysiology Lab.
- Acquires patients clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented. Verifies report and records for completeness and accuracy of the patient involved in the study. Archives and amends demographic information to appropriate storage media.
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality Images and signals for interpretation.
- Assesses processed images for technical quality and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- Applies principals of radiation safety and protection to minimize exposure to the patient, self, and others.
- Provides physiological and hemodynamic monitoring during diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Supports the physician as a scrub assistant for Electrophysiology Studies, Ablations, and Cardiac Implant Procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Documents patient care as related to a procedural area in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. Communicate any changes as necessary. This includes but not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency to evaluate and obtain hemostasis of a vessel post procedure.
- Maintains use of customer service skills in communication with all staff, visitors, patients, and co-workers.
- Performs all duties as necessary to assure patient satisfaction.
- Ensures case turnover time to be within established department standards by maintaining proper workflow and prioritizing patient care.
- Delegates tasks and duties to team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in the department process improvement activities.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills as required for adequate patient care.
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, well stocked, and organized work area.
- Attends a minimum of 2 staff development in-services related to Electrophysiology annually, and will attend department meeting, and develop and present at least one education lecture to staff annually.
- In collaboration with the management team identifies professional development needs, and continues to assume the responsibility for development and continuing education to achieve and/or maintain licensure and/or certification.
- Serves on hospital department committees as required.
- Participates in the process to ensure that all OSHA, JCAHO, FDA regulations are adhered to within the department.
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.