Orlando health is seeking a Manager, Risk Prevention. This candidate will be responsible for theOrganizations risk management prevention program.
Bachelorsdegree in healthcare or closely related field.
Five years of clinical or medical legalexperience to include three (3) years of Risk Management experience. AdvancedPC skills required.
- Develops and coordinates the risk management plan.
- Interfaces with federal and state agencies.
- Administers the risk management program on a day-to-day basis.
- Analyzes risk management data.
- Coordinates and reviews risk education programs.
- Complies with risk management related standards by JointCommission and other accrediting and regulatory agencies with the objective ofmaintaining patient safety.
- Enhances quality care.
- Minimizes loss to protect the assets of the organization.
- Responsible for reviewing and formulating policies andprocedures for the organization and making recommendations for final approvalby senior management.
- Manages various personnel functions including hiring, workassignments, coaching plans, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistentwith Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and localstandards.
- Maintains compliance withall Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Has full responsibility for operations of the risk preventionprogram.
- Directs loss control and loss prevention activities and reportsresults to the Director.
- Oversees the statistical trending of losses and analyzespatterns.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating regulatoryrequirements to the Risk Managers.
- Leads development of organization-wide approach on disclosure ofmedical errors and obtains physician support.
- Analyzes the risk of loss versus cost of reducing loss.
- Supervises accumulation of risk management cost data forbudgeting and historical purposes; prepares budget for departmental operations.
- Works with medical staff services to develop and maintain riskmanagement profiles on physicians and integrates that information into thecredentialing process in compliance with state and federal agencies, JCAHOan/or other accrediting bodies.
- Evaluates correspondencefrom attorneys, patients and other outside sources, and formulates responses asnecessary.
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.