Nursing Operations Mgr II (IP) - ORMC Clinical Observation Unit - Day
Department: Clinical Observation Unit
Status: Full Time
Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) is an 808-bed hospital in downtown Orlando and the flagship medical center of Orlando Health. For more than 100 years, ORMC has provided the most advanced options available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and emergency care. Today, through our state-of-the-art technology and leading medical specialists, we provide a comprehensive continuum of care for trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic patients.
The Clinical Observation Unit provides comprehensive care on a 24 hour, 7-day a week basis. It has 45Observation beds at Orlando Regional Medical Center. The primary focus is patients from the Emergency Department whose diagnosis could be addressed in 24-48 hours.
Responsible for the overall day to day operations of an inpatient nursing operations 24/7 setting, to ensure delivery of quality service and optimal patient flow.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Master of Science in Nursing or BSN with Master of Business Administration, Master of Health Services Administration or Master of Allied Health required and fully meets all requirements of this level and previous level, partial does not qualify.
Current professional license as a registered nurse in the State of Florida. National certification in specialty area of nursing leadership within 1 year Maintains current BLS; as determined by specialty area ACLS, PALS, NALS, or TNCC is required.
Three (3) years of experience as a registered nurse in the acute care setting and two (2) years leadership experience and fully meets all requirements of this level and previous level, partial does not qualify.
- Allocates resources and coordinates services to optimize patient care and services
- Evaluates the environment and makes recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety, and compliance with various standards of care, regulatory / governing bodies i.e. OSHA, Joint Commission, infection control, risk management
- Provides leadership for quality and service activities in the department/unit to promote a culture of safety for patients, families and staff
- Promotes a satisfied, healthy work environment for the workforce by establishing a climate of growth, challenge and development of all team members
- Analyzes, develops and maintains an effective and efficient nursing delivery model that reflects patient and family needs, ultimately achieving desired outcomes
- Works in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to balance technology with values that emphasize quality of life, consumer choice, risk-benefit decisions and access
- Responsible for management of team members including recruitment, retention, supervision, evaluation and productivity.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the operating and capital budget, resolves variances, implements strategies to improve efficiency
and reduce costs
- Assures development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with nursing research, organizational and national practice standards
- Leads and participates in departmental and hospital programs, committees, and special projects to achieve desired outcomes
- Fosters patient, family and professional relationships that are reciprocal, synergistic, and characterized by mutual respect and professional growth
- Cultivates exemplary customer services throughout the unit/department
- Serves as a liaison to nursing administration for team members
- Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining proficiency in assigned role and involvement in professional organizations
- Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities
- Identifies issues arising from individual differences and develops awareness of those issues in nursing staff, medical staff and other health care providers
- Serves as a mentor for professional practice
- Holds self and others accountable to Orlando Healths mission, vision and values.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Patient Care Administrator or designee.
Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Knowledge of risk management concepts
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
- Role models, teaches and/or provides age-specific and developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with established guidelines and scope of practice.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.