Department: OHC EMERGENCY ROOM
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Are you a Paramedic looking for an organization that values people, quality and community? Then choose Orlando Health and join our team!
Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital is seeking a Paramedic to join our team on as a PRN/Per-Diem team member. As a Paramedic at Health Central, you will be responsible for responding to emergency medical calls, providing on-site invasive and pharmacologic intervention, and transporting patients safely to medical facilities. Responsibilities include patient re-assessments, maintaining airway patency, IV access and hang normal saline without additives, ECG interpretations, dysrhythmias recognition, application of skeletal traction/splints/immobilizers and other orthopedic equipment. You will find rewards in playing a meaningful role that ensures every patient receives the safe, quality and personalized care they deserve.
- PRN/Per Diem
Successfully completed a Paramedic program.
- Current certification as a Paramedic (PMD) in the State of Florida renewed every 2 years; and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare provider certification for healthcare providers; and
- Maintains current ACLS certification; and
- Must obtain and maintain PALS certification within one year of hire.
- Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience as a paramedic or has had a minimum of 1 year experience as an Advanced Clinical Technician or Emergency Medical Technician in a tertiary and/or acute care facility.
Delivers patient care requiring advanced skills and judgment in the Emergency Department setting as directed by the Nursing Operations manager or their designee to include protocol orders or guidelines within approved current Emergency Department Paramedic competency.
- The competency will not exceed the scope of practice for a paramedic in the State of Florida.
- Orlando Health is a licensed EMS provider and all care delivered in the emergency department is under the supervision of a physician (protocols/standing orders).
- The Florida paramedic practice model includes invasive and pharmacologic interventions intended to reduce morbidity and mortality in the pre-hospital environment.
- It is expected that in the hospital setting where medical care and resources are readily available, the practice model will be modified.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the patients condition to the Nursing Operations manager or their designee
- Able to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Able to maintain compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in maintaining the Emergency Department to be clean, safe, organized and stocked. Demonstrates awareness of patients rights and legal issues.
- Complies with all standards as required by regulatory and accreditation agencies. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- The Emergency Department Paramedic must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the emergency department.
- The individual must demonstrate a knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements related to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the emergency departments policies, procedures and competencies.
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.