Echo Sonographer - St. Cloud Electrocardiology - Days
Department: STC Electrocardiology
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Situated in the heart of St. Cloud, Florida, Orlando Health St. Cloud Hospital (formerly St. Cloud Regional Medical Center) has served the residents of the surrounding Osceola County communities for more than 50 years. As a community hospital, Orlando Health St. Cloud provides quality, compassionate healthcare in a friendly, comfortable setting and convenient location.
An 84-bed, acute care hospital, Orlando Health St. Cloud offers comprehensive emergency, inpatient and outpatient care, with specialties including cardiology, critical care, infectious disease, orthopedics, radiology and full surgical services plus outpatient Rehabilitation Services and a Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Center. Our expert medical team includes skilled, board-certified physicians representing a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to provide for all your healthcare needs.
The Echo Sonographer performs diagnostic cardiology testing under the supervision and direction of the Operations Manager.
Depending on assigned department, education/training as required under established current American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) guidelines.
BLS certified. Registered under ARDMS (RDCS) (renewed annually) and/or CCI (RCS) (renewed every three years) guidelines dependent on assigned department.
Experience as required under established current ARDMS or CCI guidelines.
- Demonstrates competency in Noninvasive Cardiology diagnostics, including performing 2 Dimensional Echocardiography, Exercise Stress Echocardiography, Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography and equipment operation and maintenance and will assist with Transesophageal Echocardiography, Surgical Transesophageal Echocardiography.
- Recognizes normal and abnormal cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- Maintains accurate and precise documentation. Accurately record verbal and telephone cardiology orders from physicians in the patient record.
- Participates in the hospital CQI.
- Functions in a supervisory level in the absence of the Operations Manager when requested.
- Communicates openly and effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Assists in clerical duties.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Other Related Functions
- Assist in transporting of patients.
- Schedules patients for cardiology procedures.
- The Registered Echo Sonographer must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the units/areas/departments policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in contrast medication administration.
ADDRESS: 2906 17th Street St. Cloud FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.