Department: APMC Practice Business Office
Status: Full Time
The Referral Specialist is the initial contact of each new patient.
High school graduate or GED.
One (1) years of medical office experience.
- Completes registration and obtains insurance authorization for new patients, diagnostic testing and for hospital admissions.
- Ensures financial information and insurance has been verified.
- Updates patient insurance information in billing systems as needed
- Initiates the referral and authorization process for all services and visits.
- Works closely with nursing and medical staff to facilitate optimal patient care.
- Communicates with the scheduling department to verify each patients insurance requirements have been satisfied for upcoming appointments.
- Coordinates with other departments as needed to facilitate patients visit.
- Provides patient with referral information for other physicians and facilities.
- Communicates effectively with all internal and external customers PCP, Patient, clinical departments, etc. in order to obtain the required authorization needed for each service.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and education.
ADDRESS: 235 N Westmonte Dr Orlando FL 32714
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.