Scheduling/Registration Specialist, Lead - ORMC Surgery - Days
Location: Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC)
Address: 52 W Underwood St (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
Department: ORMC Surgery Administration
Status: Full Time
Responsible for coordinating daily operations and processes for effective registration and scheduling of diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Medical terminology and/or basic anatomy training required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Affinity, DDE, Passport, Omega, TDS, and Orbit/Nova/ESI.
- Six (6) years experience in clinical registration and scheduling. Associates degree in business, information systems, clinical field or related field may be substituted for four years of experience.
- Responsible for maintenance of appropriate departmental schedules.
- Acts as a liaison with the Manager and Scheduling/Registration Specialists.
- Coordinates daily activities within the Scheduling/Registration department, to ensure and execute maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Provides feedback to manager for human resources functions such as hiring, coaching, and counseling.
- Efficiently and accurately gathers and inputs patient demographic information, insurance verification/authorization and schedules, reschedules and cancels multiple diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Accurately communicates prep information, arrival time and arrival location to patient.
- Inputs and distributes charge management process on a daily basis.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.