Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Lake Port Square is currently seeking full-time and part-time LPNs. Our LPNs are responsible for the accurate and timely administration of medications, treatments, documentation and emergency calls as indicated, providing a level of care that ensures the safety and well-being of all residents in our SNF. Our LPNs provide direct empathetic resident care to include assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Provides direct resident care as necessary.
- Administers medications.
- Administers treatments, including, but not limited to: dressings, catherization, suctioning,
- oxygen, etc.
- Maintains accurate documentation of medication administered and care rendered.
- Assists in admission and discharge procedures.
- Responds to resident emergency call system as indicated.
- Makes rounds with physicians and transcribes orders.
- Keeps physician and family aware of change in resident’s condition.
- Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each patient.
- Assures continuity of services and care.
- Assumes own responsibility for personal growth and continuing education.
- Participates in the orientation process of new employees.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, or general education degree (GED), or equivalency, required.
- Minimum of 6 months previous nursing experience; geriatric experience a plus
- The ability to speak, read and comprehend English language
- Knowledge in all areas of local Health Department, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies relevant to healthcare services
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Good inter-department communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience with electronic medical records systems
- Prior experience with e-learning training systems
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida LPN license
- IV Cert preferred
- Current CPR Card
A Culture of Hospitality:
Lake Port Square fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, coworkers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
A Focus on Wellness:
Lake Port Square employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical,
Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting for approximately 60% of work day.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to push residents weighing up to 250 lbs. in gerichairs and/or wheelchairs. Must be able to read and speak English, hear, and be able to sit and walk intermittently throughout the day. May be exposed to communicable diseases, HIV and Hepatitis B viruses, industrial and household chemicals, offensive odors and combative behavior.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This list is not to be inclusive, rather exemplary of times of sensory/cognitive activities involved in performance of job functions. Recognition/vision and mental processing. Routinely process printed information such as menus, resident orders, resident name labels, instructions, labels on food items and storage shelves/areas, posted notices, labels on chemicals. Hearing. Routinely recognizes auditory timer signals, soft voices of elderly, verbal communication within the workplace. Smell. Routinely observe odors relevant to food preparation and storage, cleanliness and sanitation. Verbal communication. Routinely interact with a work environment highly dependent upon audible and intelligible verbal communication in order to assure understanding.
Lake Port Square offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health & wellness and retirement plans. Eligibility starts in your first month. Our total compensation package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Company-subsidized Group Health Insurance (including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-paid Group Term Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Group Term Life and AD&D
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, and ID Theft Protection benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (6)
- Generous 401(k) Retirement Plan offering immediate participation for your retirement savings needs and with 100% vested Employer Contributions after 1 Year of Service
Other Important Need-to-Know Information
- Lake Port Square is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
- Lake Port Square is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Lake Port Square is a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory verification of a pre-employment drug test, a criminal background check, and a fingerprint check.
- Applicants needs to be eligible to be employed in the United States.
- Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
- This position will be based in Leesburg, FL.
- Lake Port Square is not able to provide relocation assistance for candidates.
Here is your opportunity to make a difference! Why wait? Begin to explore Lake Port Square right now and see how we pursue our passion for senior care.
Apply for Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly