RN Clinical Nurse Pool Per Diem - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - Med Surg B4 Night Shift
Department: DPH M/S B4
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 285-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce. Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is also proud to be on the Magnet Journey, the highest award for Nursing Excellence! DPH has submitted their Magnet document in October 2020 and will be designated in 2022 as a Magnet facility.
Medical Surgical B4, Oncology Neurology Unit consists of a 35- bed unit, where we serve but are not limited to: stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimers disease, dementia, and oncology patients where we are managing symptoms and/or administering chemotherapy. We are located on the 4th floor, B tower. We are seeking eager healthcare professionals to join our team! This excellent opportunity provides a very competitive salary, ample opportunity for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits package. This opportunity also provides a chance to work with a team that works closely as a family, provides quality care, and values professional development and further education.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN)
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- Twelve months hospital RN experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Assesses patients needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.