RN OR Nurse , Wkend Option - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - Surgery Dept. Weekends 1st Shift
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlandos growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes.
Provides direct patient care in the inpatient perioperative setting. This is a Weekend Option Day Shift 6:45 am-7:15 pm. F-M.
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing educational.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Current RN license in the State of Florida. Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- Two (2) years Surgery RN experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Able to meet job duties of OR Nurse I, Inpatient. Must meet perioperative specific performance competencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Serves as a preceptor, mentor, or super user. Serves as a coach in evaluating and validating colleagues clinical judgment. Comfortable seeking multidisciplinary consultation. Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Standards of Care and Practice.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution. Collects and interprets complex patient data. Focuses on key elements of situation while sorting out extraneous details.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition to other health care team members.
- Collects and assesses patient health data guided by the application of knowledge of physiological and psychological principles and experience, which is essential to establishing a nursing diagnosis and predicting outcomes.