Multiple Locations Available:
- Hillsborough County
- Provide a learning environment of high student accountability that is student-centered and aligned with the school’s academic goals and specified objectives.
- Provide direction and leadership within the classroom by displaying an effective working knowledge of the subject matter and by demonstrating best practices relating to teaching/instructional techniques.
- Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals.
- Maintain progress monitoring reports, attendance and behavioral records, academic grades, and other student records as required by state regulatory guidelines and company policy and procedures.
- Collaborate effectively and professionally with peers to develop, plan, and implement best educational practices based upon the individual academic needs of the students that are aligned with company goals.
- Participate in professional development courses or activities to maintain appropriate certification or credentials based on position.
- Serve as the writing coach
- Create lesson plans
- Perform all other duties as assigned, which are aligned in accordance with company policy and procedures to ensure student educational and behavioral goals and objectives are achieved.
Job Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Appropriate Teacher’s certification.
- Knowledge of the principles of secondary education
- Knowledge of curriculum and instructional theory
- Knowledge, skills and ability to analyze and use data to drive program improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Previous experience and/or the ability to work with overage and at-risk youth is preferred.