Biostatistician - APH Peds Specialty Diag Lab - Days
Department: APH Peds Sepcialty Diag Lab
Status: Full Time
Responsible for directly providing a variety of statistical consulting services to the research departments for performing statistical analyses using appropriate statistical software packages and for writing and/or verbally communicating the results of these analyses.
- Responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis and interpretation of statistical data.
- Operates computer hardware and statistical analysis software to manage and analyze data.
- Prepares statistical analysis plans for research proposals.
- Works in close collaboration with clinical investigators in the conception and conduct of clinical studies.
- Co-authors presentations and manuscripts.
- Provides oral presentations of statistical or technical scientific information to inform and report on the progress of research studies.
- Exercises independent thinking and judgment in the absence of established protocols and procedures.
- Assists with research protocol planning and IRB submissions.
- Fosters and supports external/internal academic and research collaborations.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Masters degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of all regulatory requirements that pertain to clinical/medical research.
- Proficiency in research and the regulatory environment as evidenced by published research and peer-reviewed work.
- One (1) year of collecting, compilation, analysis and interpretation of statistical data.
- Experience in sample size calculation, protocol concept development and protocol development
- Good SAS programming skills for QCing critical outputs, Efficacy/Safety tables and working closely with Programmers. Knowledge of R programming a plus.
- Effective communicator: able to explain methodology and consequences of decisions.
- Team player; willingness to go the extra distance to get results, meet deadlines, etc.
- Ability to be flexible when priorities change and deal with ambiguity
ADDRESS: 92 West Miller St. (Arnold Palmer Hospital) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.