Technical Support Representative
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that values each employees contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Technical Support Representative to join our team and grow with us.
Job Title: Technical Support Representative
Report to: Supervisor, Contact Center
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Demonstrate consistent proficiency in both Technical Support and Customer Service skills with an emphasis on Internet connectivity including resolving customer technical issues with utmost courtesy and professionalism. Conduct each call with the objective of resolving customer's issue technical or non-technical including offering additional general computer support solutions where appropriate. Responsible for maintaining thorough knowledge of the companys practices, operations, service offerings, and promotions. This position will include at least one weekend shift.
- Answer end user requests by telephone, online (e.g. chat, email, social media) or in person regarding service offerings, technical issues, billing and equipment. Follow up with proper internal/external documentation
- Follow through on customer/client requests or inquiries concerning technical services, products, billing and equipment and work with other departments to resolve reported problems
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products and services
- Complete service orders, trouble tickets and handle customer requests
- Properly utilize third party and stand-alone software to resolve every type of customer inquiry/issue
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Maintain proper documentation in customer files
- Practice organization and time management skills including prioritizing work and requesting additional work when appropriate
- Ensure workstation is maintained in a clean and professional matter
Additional duties as assignedPosition Requirements
- Minimum of one-year previous customer service experience resolving customer inquiries of a non-technical nature in a face to face, phone or multi-channel online environment required
- Minimum one-year previous internet, cable, or telecommunications technical support/help desk experience including DSL, Ethernet and Cable Modem Connections preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred
- Strong proficiencies in computers with an emphasis on Internet connectivity and networking
- Knowledge of how to use a phone in a call center environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Function as a team player in peer relationships
- Availability to commit to flexible work schedule
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Flexibility to work mandatory overtime in order to meet business needs.
- Summit Broadband is a life-line service provider and this position is classified as essential. Coverage, above and beyond normal working hours; before, during and after inclement weather events, including hurricanes, may be required.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Reports to Contact Center Supervisor Position Technical Support Representative Exempt/Non-Exempt Non-Exempt Open Date 6/24/2020 Location Central
This position is currently accepting applications.