The Information Technology Department at Rollins College is seeking an experienced Network Administrator to assist in the day-to-day operation, support, maintenance, and monitoring of the Rollins College campus (wired & wireless) network(s).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Tune network for optimal system performance.
- Create, configure and modify various system dashboards and alerting software reports.
- Review and evaluate system reports, analytics, error messages, network system malfunctions, and trends.
- Investigate and resolve issues to mitigate risks and reduce exposure of the Rollins network.
- Repair hardware and resolve network related failures Recommend and implement appropriate action as needed, including, but not limited to educating end users and/or altering and limiting end user access.
- Create and maintain accurate records of equipment additions and deletions Create and update network maps and other documentation for visual representation of current network topology.
- Participate in review and evaluation of vendor proposals provide day to day oversight and direction to vendor as needed.
- Test, evaluate, configure and install upgrades, as projects, to network electronics, devices, and systems.
Information Technology provides computing, networking, and technical support services to the Rollins community.
Total Compensation Package:
Rollins offers a competitive salary plus generous benefits package featuring:
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Paid Holidays plus College Closure Days
- Comprehensive Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 100% Funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 100% Long and Short Term Disability
- Employer Retirement Contribution
- Award-Winning Wellness Program
- FREE On-Site Parking
- Discounted Meal Plan
- FREE access to campus amenities (ex. gym, library)
- FREE Full Tuition Waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents
Education and Experience Required:
- Equivalent combination of education and experience required, preferably in helpdesk, systems, or networking field, or bachelor's degree.
- Cisco CCNA or 2+ years of network administration preferred.
- Experience in a Higher Education IT environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with complex routed IP networks, layer two/three switches, advanced routers, wireless controllers, AP’s, firewalls, fiber optic cable, LAN/MAN networks, VLAN, and hardened appliances.
- An understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP and OSPF routing protocols.
- Understanding of and expertise regarding the current generation of personal computing devices and how these devices connect to an IP network (wired and wireless).
- Keen problem solving and demonstrated customer service skills. Ability to interpret user requirements.
- The ability to read and comprehend documents, instruments and blueprints.
- Perform analysis of data to identify and validate issues, and assist in creating an action plan as well as performing multiple concurrent tasks with constant interruptions.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Strong oral/written communication skills required, and the ability to interpret user requirements as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills required and be able to deal with job related stress, such as unclear end user needs/divergent goals in a compressed time.
- Working in-person on campus, indoor and outdoor working environment.
- Required to carry smart phone.
- Work requires visual strain, as well as occasional strenuous activity involving moderate lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, standing and walking.
- Typical work hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm weekdays, but this role requires flexibility, including some evening/weekend hours and regular and emergency call-out as needed
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.