Float Nursing Assistant - Corporate Resource Team - PRN/DAY
Department: Corporate Resource Team
Status: Pool/Per Diem
As a Float Nursing Assistant in Orlando Health, providing quality patient care is the top priority. You will be part of an exceptional team that travels to any of our adult hospital facilities to experience working with a diverse patient population and other specialties, seeing how other units function and a chance to meet and work with other teams while building knowledge and skills.
In exchange for work location flexibility amongst the multiple hospital sites, the Float Nursing Assistant will receive a higher rate of pay.
The Corporate Resource Team provides competent, supplemental staffing resources to all nursing units within the adult population of Orlando Health. Staffing needs are assessed a minimum of every shift, and available pool team members are sent to units of greatest need within the team members competency.
PREFERENCES: In order to be successful in this role, it is highly preferred to have one year of nursing assistant experience within a hospital setting.
The Nursing Assistant Corp 24/7 performs general patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse. Provides care at any facility that regularly staffs Nursing Assistants on a 24 hour, 7 day per week basis.
High school graduate or equivalent; and
- One (1) year of nursing assistant work experience within the past five years may substitute for the below training requirement in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section.
- Successful completion of one of the following:
- Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Assistant Program; or
- State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant certification; or
- State of Florida Licensed Practical Nurse; or
- Current nursing student who has completed one semester of clinical rotation; or
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; or
- Medical Corpsman, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic; or
- Medical personnel licensed outside the United States.
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
One (1) year of experience within the past five years in a relevant healthcare setting. No experience required for graduates of an approved school of nursing.
- Assists patient with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized patient environment.
- Maintains safety and security of patients, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures patient privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between patients.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the patients condition to the RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of patients.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all patients, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, patient call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Attends hospital, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (McCormick Bldg) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.