Nursing Assistant (Pool) - ORMC Cardiac Telemetry/HF - Day
Department: 17 N7 Cardiac Telemetry/HF
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center
(ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is
the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the
region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and
emergency care needs, including serving as Central Floridas only Level One Trauma Center. The hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and
expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic
care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital in Central Florida and rated high performing in nine adult procedures and conditions. Thirteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC currently hold Beacon Awards for Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the state.
We are currently seeking an Experienced Nursing Assistant performs patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse, for day shift, on a pool (per-diem) basis.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year of nursing assistant work experience within the past five years may substitute for the below training requirement in
addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section.
Successful completion of one of the following:
- Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Assistant Program; or
- State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant certification; or
- State of Florida Licensed Practical Nurse; or
- Current nursing student who has completed one semester of clinical rotation; or
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; or
- Medical Corpsman, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic; or
- Medical personnel licensed outside the United States
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
One (1) year of experience within the past five years in a relevant healthcare setting. No experience required for graduates of an approved school of nursing.
- Assists patient with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized patient environment.
- Maintains safety and security of patients, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures patient privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between patients.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the patients condition to the RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of patients.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all patients, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, patient call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.