Network Engineer - Voice
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value's each employee's contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Network Engineer - Voice to join our team.
The Network Engineer - Voice will be responsible for growth, maintenance, optimization, documentation, and troubleshooting the company's converged voice and data network issues to resolution and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes all aspects of the company's Voice infrastructure, IP Network Topology, and Backbone Infrastructure on a 24/7/365 basis.
This is a hands-on position that includes ensuring voice service reliability, voice stability, voice system redundancy, voice system growth. network reliability, network redundancies, monitoring network performance in addition to performing voice/network maintenance and upgrades.
In addition, capacity management, network administration, advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution are key accountabilities for this position. Ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task projects, be an excellent problem solver and lead end to end technical projects to completion, sometimes in areas that are new with little prior experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation, implementation, and maintenance of an existing Multi Service Operator (MSO) provider network. This is a carrier grade, high availability (HA) network designed to meet 99.999% (five nines) reliability.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the voice infrastructure, IP network infrastructure, transport infrastructure and ensuring continuous functionality, network security, reliability, scalability and optimization of network resources.
- Duties include voice trouble resolution, voice capacity planning, implementing ongoing voice architecture improvements in an MSO/carrier environment, and making internal technology recommendations to management.
- Work on a team performing new customer activations including the customer voice/network architecture design and integration into the existing network.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and to anticipate end-to-end voice infrastructure needs.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of voice architecture, topology and voice system (Meta) configurations.
- Provides oversight to maintenance activities for voice, transport, IP/MPLS Network, and infrastructure.
- Performs analysis of Telecommunications and Network needs and contributes to design of telecom and network architecture, integration and installation.
- Creates system optimization/performance plan to identify root cause analysis after system failures and initiate recovery plan.
- Monitors and manages voice capacity across the full Summit Broadband network.
- Manages the company's voice services - Metaswitch system entirely.
- Work internally and externally with Engineering support team(s) and/or partners as part of a networking consultancy in order to solve problems or create new architectures or customer solutions.
- Serve as support level for resolving issues escalated from NOC Technicians, headend technicians and managers and all needing technical support for the Voice. IP/MPLS, and transport network
- Works closely and in collaboration with the technical teams including headend, network operations, and information technology to form cohesive synergy delivering quality voice services.
- Support and mentors Technical Support Representatives, CSC Technicians and NOC Technicians.
- Develop, maintain and document processes and procedures for troubleshooting issues.
- Provide on-call rotation support for NOC and will require maintenance windows to implement change.
- Serves as out of hours expertise for all voice items.
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends. Remain in service during outages until resolved.
- Must be able to work emergency schedules during natural disasters, network outages, and respond to the needs of a 24/7/365 essential service provider operations.
- 5 years related experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing telecommunications equipment in a service provider network required.
- Experience with Metaswitch server systems admin level - required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- CCNA/CCNP or JNCIA/JNCD preferred.
- Experience with voice technologies hosted voice, cloud, PBX, voice system administration, voice provisioning, deploying voice services for commercial and residential users.
- Experience with IP sub-netting, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS, VPLS, and BGP routing protocols a plus.
- Experience with Carrier Metro Ethernet Switching, VLANs, L2 VPNs, 802.1q trunking, Q-in-Q-VLAN stacking.
- Experience with optical technologies a plus.
- Experience with troubleshooting IADs, DS3, DS1, E&M, Wink Start T1, PRI, FXS, and SS7 circuits.
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Reports to Director of Engineering Position Network Engineer (Voice) Exempt/Non-Exempt Exempt Open Date 10/29/2020 Location Central
This position is currently accepting applications.