Mangetics Documentation Engineer
MAGNETICS DOCUMENTATION ENGINEER
Summary: Plans, directs, prepares and maintains documentation, such as engineering drawings, component specifications, product BOMs, routings, work instructions, First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs), engineering design review meeting minutes, FMEAs, ECNs and other records as needed to ensure compliance with Exxelia Quality Management System (QMS), customer orders, product specifications and other documentation requirements. Manage documentation development from initial prototype stage, through first article verification, and facilitate transition of newly developed documentation to full scale production including transfer to designated factory(ies). Oversee engineering change process in accordance with Exxelia procedures including selected training of operators and coordination of production manufacturing order deviations and other documentation implementation actions.
- End Result: New product development is fulfilled with high quality and timely documentation. Subsequent released and transferred Exxelia production is compliant, controlled, consistent, timely and reliable.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (basic proficiencies to be achieved within 9 months):
- Knowledgeable in the Exxelia Quality System and safety policies.
- Transformer manufacturing experience with working knowledge of manufacturing processes including winding machines, impregnation and encapsulation equipment, and test / inspection equipment (including DWV, IR, DCR, Voltage Ratio, impedance analyzers, and automated testers).
- Working knowledge of tools and fixtures including machine shop fabrication, and inspection methods.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 and agency (UL / CSA / TUV / CE / etc.) requirements as related to magnetic components and their applications.
- Proficient in AS9102 FAIR requirements and writing methods.
- Proficient in Exxelia ERP systems.
- Ability to make quality decisions while balancing the needs of cross functional stakeholders using organized time management methods.
- Flexible, creative, and able to deal with continuing change.
- Focused on delivering positive experiences for internal and external customers.
- Proficient in process mapping, root cause analysis, corrective action and cost reduction targeting methods.
QUALIFICATIONS (before hire):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS degree in related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience in the magnetics industry, with record of success in documentation development.
- Knowledge of electrical components including resistors, capacitors, magnetic materials, insulations, wires & cables, metals, adhesives, epoxies, and encapsulants.
- Hands on experience in developing detailed process documentation for manual assembly.
- Proficient in Windows, MS Office, Solidworks, AutoCAD and technical writing including regulatory compliance materials.
- Strong teamwork, collaborative, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills.
- Strong motivation and capable of independent work and project leadership as required.
- Experienced leader, capable of coaching, motivating colleagues and resolving conflict.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Tiger Team = Prototype, First Article and LRIP documentation Team)
- Coach Tiger Team personnel, monitor new documentation development, and collaborate with other supporting personnel, to provide specified New Product Development (NPD) documentation deliverables as required.
- Coordinate Tiger Team efforts with Design Engineer(s), Planner(s), Buyer(s), Expediter(s), Quality Assurance and Operations personnel to assure high quality and timely documentation for production release and transfers to designated factories.
- Oversee development of production processes for new magnetic components and creation of related process documentation. Related process documentation shall include summary flow chart of manufacturing process including identification of required tools and gages at related process steps. Tools and gages shall be controlled and maintained in accordance with Exxelia Quality Management system. Establish key milestones for NPD projects as required to facilitate project monitoring and communication of documentation requirements to Tiger Team, other Exxelia personnel, and selected customers.
- Monitor progress on engineering projects and identify roadblocks that impact safety, quality, schedule and cost. Identify perceived constraints, risks and suggested next actions as preparation for Design Review Meetings.
- Monitor progress of projects to specified milestones and promptly notify responsible support function of constraint that impacts quality or schedule.
- Notify Customer Support person in writing of any perceived project delays or problems as necessary when constraints or roadblocks impact acknowledged ship dates.
- Coach Tiger Team to build process documentation using process step phased sequence of labeled images with selected images of ACCEPT and REJECT conditions as needed.
- Develop process routers including sequence of operations with Exxelia work centers together with estimated direct labor run and set up times for each process step.
- Coach Tiger Team in releasing new products for production (domestic and subcontract facilities) and assure successful transition of new products including provisions for LRIP and other intermediate documentation processes including collaboration between Tiger Team and production operators.
- Implement approved engineering changes including revision of engineering documentation, training of affected personnel and coordination of other cross functional actions including applying deviations to affected manufacturing orders.
- Maintain electronic and paper records in defined file structures to track configuration changes and measured results throughout the product lifecycle. These records shall comply with Exxelia QMS requirements.
Apply for Mangetics Documentation Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly