Cardiac and Vascular Sonographer (Part time) - Health Central Cardio Diagnostics - Night - Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
Located in Ocoee about 11 miles west of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 212-bed
Orlando Health Health Central Hospital provides comprehensive medical and surgical acute
care for the families of west Orange County communities. The hospital has earned Spine
Surgery, Joint Replacement and Primary Stroke certification from The Joint Commission. Also
located on the expanded Orlando Health Health Central campus is a 30,000-square-foot
comprehensive cancer center with clinical programs and services for patients and families. The
cancer center became the only facility in Central Florida, and only the sixth in the nation, to
offer MRIdian therapy, which allows for more precise treatment of cancer tumors through
real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) during radiation beam therapy. The Orlando
Health Center for Rehabilitation, which includes a 60-bed rehabilitation unit, a 40-bed
Alzheimers unit, a 10-bed hospice unit and outpatient rehabilitation services, also is located at
the Orlando Health Health Central campus. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando
Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion Horizon West in nearby Winter Garden.
Performs diagnostic cardiac and vascular testing: including 2D and M-mode Echocardiography, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Exercise and Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography, carotid ultrasound, venous Doppler of upper and lower limbs, arterial Doppler of upper and lower limbs, and equipment operation and maintenance.
Education/training as required under established current American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) guidelines
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) and/or
- Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and;
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Formal training certification from an accredited program.
- Recognizes normal and abnormal vascular and cardiac documentation.
- Participates in the hospital Clinical Quality Improvement.
- Communicates openly and effectively with all team members.
- Responsible for call with 24-hour accountability when assigned.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.