Surgical Technician - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - Sterile Processing Dept. FT 2nd Shift
Department: DPH Sterile Processing
Status: Full Time
Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is an acute care facility serving southwest Orange County
since 1985. Located about 10 miles southwest of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the
285-bed hospital offers a full spectrum of care that includes emergency care for all ages,
including a dedicated pediatric emergency room supported by Orlando Health Arnold Palmer
Hospital for Children; minimally invasive surgery, including being recognized as a Center of
Excellence in Robotic Surgery; and orthopedic services, including Advanced Total Hip and Knee
Replacement certification. The Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center Dr. Phillips, located
on the hospital campus, allows patients community access to cancer care including
chemotherapy and radiation treatment, medical oncology services, surgical oncology
consultations, oncologic pharmacy services, laboratory facilities and Cancer Support
Community programs. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency
Room and Medical Pavilion Osceola in Kissimmee.
Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce. Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is also proud to be on the Magnet Journey, the highest award for Nursing Excellence.
The Surgical Technician demonstrates a clear understanding of sterile technique. Has a working knowledge of the specialized instrumentation and equipment required for a variety of special procedures.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Successful completion of:
- Surgical Technology training program; or
- U. S. Military Medical Core Training; or
- Completion of an equivalent on-the-job training program with 7 years recent surgical tech experience.
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Reviews preference and verifies case cart completely prior to case.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an orderly surgical field and for consistently passing instruments and supplies quickly and efficiently to the surgeon.
- Able to anticipate and prioritize the needs of the various steps associated with the procedure.
- Takes part in sponge, needle and instruments counts as dictated by the procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining the surgical specimen in a manner which identifies and preserves them for pathology evaluation.
- Assists in ordering and stocking of specialty supplies under the direction of management staff and departmental guidelines.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in Environments of Care activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clear, safe and organized unit.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.