If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Historical Archetypes and Mythology Course introduces students to the connections between history, mythology, and iconic archetypes, and the influence these relationships have had on classical and contemporary cultures of the world. Color symbolism is also explored in order to better appreciate folklores, heroes, and monsters of various cultures. In addition to composing original myths and stories, students complete a personal assessment that identifies characteristics of their individual archetypes and use this knowledge to identify, understand, and relate to mythological characters and characters of their own creation. The course also enhances students ability to analyze and evaluate information. Associate Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years verifiable work experience and required to hold a Masters degree in Liberal Arts, Humanities or Creative Writing with at least 18 graduate semester hours in world mythologies and/or archetypal studies from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint, iLife, Adobe Creative Suite and Outlook
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Ability to communicate to groups clearly and to play to varied backgrounds/interests
Competence in Social Sciences, preferably cultural anthropology or sociology of media
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.