OrlandoHealth South Lake Hospital Serving South Lake County since 1947, Orlando HealthSouth Lake Hospital is a 170-bed community hospital offering a full continuumof care close to home for residents of south Lake County. Located in Clermont about25 miles west of downtown Orlando, the Orlando Health South Lake campusincludes a Center for Womens Health, providing complete care for women frommaternity to maturity; the Sky Top View Rehabilitation Center, a 30-bed,leading-edge, postsurgical rehabilitation center; and the National TrainingCenter, which attracts elite athletes and sports teams from around the worldfor training and conditioning. Orlando Health South Lake offers a variety ofmedical services, including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery,urology and cardiac care as well as expanded cancer services at the OrlandoHealth UF Health Cancer Center - Clermont. Orlando Health South Lake alsooffers services on two additional campuses in Lake County, located in southLeesburg, and the Four Corners area
South Lake Hospital Cardiac Cath Lab is seeking a Invasive Specialist (Technologist) to join its team. The qualified applicant must meet the following requirements
A graduate of an accredited school of:
Cardiovascular Technologist new graduate or
AS degree in Respiratory Therapy or
AS degree in Radiologic Technology or certificate of graduation from radiology technology program
Paramedic certification (This option is only valid for team members hired in the Cath lab prior to 2008. Paramedics are no longer hired).
Maintain current BLS and ACLS certification. PALS may be required depending on unit specific needs.
The following licensure or certification is required depending on the corresponding education above:
CVT-- Cardiovascular Technologist. Must have valid Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) Certification upon hire at Arnold Palmer Hospital. Must maintain 12 CEUs per year or 36 every three years.
RRT-- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Licensed by the State of Florida (Department of Health). Renewed Bi-annually.
CRT Certified by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Licensed by the State of Florida (Department of Health). Renewed Bi-annually.
Rad Tech-- Valid Florida state license renewed every two years required. Valid American registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification. Renewed yearly.
ParamedicRegistered by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). Licensed by the State of Florida Department of Health. Paramedics must also have valid Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification. (This option is only valid for team members hired in the Cath lab prior to 2008. Paramedics are no longer hired).
One (1) year experience in Cardiac Catheterization lab is required. Able to meet all job duties of Invasive Specialist I. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures and protocols. Assesses the patients physical condition and age specific needs.
- Ensures that patient's education of procedure performed, needs, safety, and comfort are met while in their care.
- Acquires patients clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented. Verifies files and records for completeness and accuracy of the patient involved in studies. Archives and amends demographic information to appropriate storage media
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses processed image media for technical quality, and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- When applicable, applies principals of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Provides physiological and hemodynamic monitoring during diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Supports the Physician as a scrub assistant for cardiovascular procedures.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Appraises and evaluates actual and potential hemostasis of a vessel post procedure.
- Locates, uses and troubleshoots complex technical equipment/instruments. Acts as a resource for its operation and training
- Maintains use of customer service skills in communication with all staff, visitors and co-workers.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of supplies, equipment, resources tools and forms.
- Understands application and technical aspects of all equipment and supplies used in all procedures.
- Ensures case turnover time to be within established department standards by maintaining proper workflow and prioritizing optimize patient care.
- Must perform at least two of the following: Department preceptor (attend basic preceptor course), charge, actively participates in quality initiative and performance improvement initiative, measures by outcomes and shared governance.
- Must be able to demonstrate competencies in four of the departments current technologies. Refer to the clinical ladder for a current list of the technologies.
- Must be a superuser on at least two of the departments clinical systems. Refer to the clinical ladder for a current list of the departments pertinent systems.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Accountable for maintaining down time productivity.
- Notifies BioMed and/or equipment company as appropriate to resolve the problem and report the incident to the supervisor. Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills as required or will solicit supervisory input.
- Utilizes all department computer systems effectively and accurately.
- Assists in developing and implementing essential policy and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all-procedural changes and equipment updates.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment. Maintains well stocked and organized work areas.
- Works evenings, weekends, holidays and call as scheduled.
- May be required to work at any Orlando Health facility.
- Performs all other duties as necessary to assure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates efficient use of supplies.
- Assists with collection of QA data.
- Manages reportable occurrences and files appropriate forms with Risk Management.
- Implement established procedures for BSI.
- Participates in the process to ensure that all OSHA, JCAHO, FDA regulations are adhered to within the department.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education to maintain licensure.