Sterile Processing Tech - Health Central Sterile Processing - Varies
Department: STERILE PROCESSING
Status: Full Time
Health Central Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is one of central Florida's most progressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden just minutes from Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 212-bed acute care hospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospitals commitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surrounding communities and neighbors.
The Sterile Processing Tech demonstrates, through clinical practice, knowledge and a clear understanding of the entire sterilization process, from cleaning and decontamination through packaging, sterilization and distribution. You will be a part of ensuring the delivery of quality service and optimal patient flow.
- HS Diploma or GED
Licensure and Certifications
- Must complete Orlando Health's SPD Core Course within the first 12 months of employment OR
- Must obtain a national certification through from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
- Must maintain 12 continuing education points per year
- 1+ years experience in sterile processing strongly preferred;
- 3+ years experience in sterile processing a plus
- Demonstrates a sense of professionalism and ethical standards.
- Able to complete tasks as assigned and use the appropriate resources and references available for processing instrumentation and equipment.
- Using attained knowledge of sterilization processes, the Sterile Processing Technician will begin to learn to work independently in an ever-changing technical environment.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.