Teaching Assistant Pool
THIS IS FOR A CANDIDATE POOL- Multiple Central Florida Locations
ALS Education seeks candidates for Teaching Assistant Positions that may come available from time to time, although at this time there is no current opening. Teaching Assistants may be involved with tasks such as:
supporting teachers, students, staff and administration and ensuring that all students are supported in meeting the academic learning gains. The Instructional Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide direct instructional assistance to students while maintaining all company policies and procedures.
- Assures that parents of students are notified and invited to participate at the times specified in the program procedures.
- Assures that students are enrolled with eligible teachers and parents are informed of this placement.
- Collects required data for each student’s plan and provides for data entry into the computer.
- Assists with communication between school and parents.
- Observes confidentiality of students and student records at all times.
- Maintains documentation, records, files and reports in compliance according to district/state guidelines.
- Provides home language tutorial assistance in basic subject areas under the teacher's direction and/or Assistant Principal.
- Works collaboratively with teachers, staff and building administrators to fulfill the school’s mission by ensuring orderly day-to-day operation, inside and outside of classrooms.
- Performs clerical duties, such as making copies, filing and/or displaying student work, answering telephones during instructional sessions.
- Assists with arrival and dismissal procedures during each session.
- Assists with the attendance procedures, including collection of student signatures, verification of student attendance data, and making attendance calls.
- Assist in all initiatives to ensure school meets defined FTE enrollment and attendance goals.
- Assists in delivery of the orientation process as needed.
*Performs all other duties as deemed necessary by building administrators, which are aligned in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure that student educational goals and objectives are achieved while communicating company mission, philosophy, policies and procedures effectively to students, parents and larger community.
Job Requirements and Prerequisites:
· Associates degree or industry certification.
· Previous experience working with or the ability to work with over-age and adult learners.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Written and oral proficiency in a language other than English preferred
· Sensitivity to the special needs of language - minority students.
· Interest in and respect for a variety of cultures.
· Experience in customer service preferred.
· Ability to foster positive behavioral models to young adults.
· Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
· In schools with 15 or more students who speak the same language, the paraprofessional must be a speaker of that language.
Apply for Teaching Assistant Pool
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly