Substitute Teacher Pool
This is an announcement for a pool of qualified substitute teachers at the high school level. ALS Education may have openings for substitute teachers.
The purpose of the position is to provide classroom coverage for a teacher in the event of absence. The Teacher position is responsible for coaching, motivating and instructing high school students within the company model.
- Provide classroom coverage for a teacher in the event of absence.
- Provide direction and leadership within the classroom by displaying an effective working knowledge of the subject matter and by demonstrating best practices relating to teaching/instructional techniques.
- Maintain progress monitoring reports, attendance and behavioral records, academic grades, and other student records as required by state regulatory guidelines and company policy and procedures.
- Manages student behavior and maintains classroom order; reinforces rules of the school and classroom.
- Monitors activities and behavior of students to ensure the physical and environmental safe keeping of students, as well as adherence to appropriate conduct and disciplinary controls.
- Perform all other duties as assigned, which are aligned in accordance with company policy and procedures to ensure student educational and behavioral goals and objectives are achieved.
Job Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Associates degree in Education or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Appropriate Teacher’s certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles of secondary education
- Knowledge of curriculum and instructional theory
- Knowledge, skills and ability to analyze and use data to drive program improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Previous experience and/or the ability to work with overage and at-risk youth is preferred.
Apply for Substitute Teacher Pool
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly