Performs manual labor in cleaning various College facilities.
- Performs manual labor duties related to cleaning, sanitizing and general maintenance of restrooms and other College facilities in accordance with College standards. This will require standing, walking, and bending for a considerable amount of time, and the ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. unassisted.
- Performs all duties related to cleaning and sanitizing College facilities.
This includes, but is not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dust mopping, dusting and other related duties.
- Scrubs and polishes fixtures, windows, mirrors and other areas and equipment. Cleans chalkboards and whiteboards.
- Provides exterior cleaning of windows, corridors, walkways, emptying outside trash, cleaning ash trays and sweeping up cigarette butts. Polices walkways and grounds to ensure they are free of trash, debris, clippings, etc.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Assists at all College sites as assigned. May be required to assist during nights and weekend for special College events
- Assists other Divisions in Physical Plant as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma OR one year of related work experience.
- Valid Florida driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Experience in building maintenance repairs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Knowledge of custodial methods and procedures.
- Ability to operate and care for equipment necessary to accomplish the required duties.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- Works inside and outside.
- Handles hazardous materials.
- Requires the use of safety equipment glasses, gloves, shoes, etc.
PHYSICAL ABILITY ASSESSMENT:
Per College Policy 1.020 and 2.020, and College Procedure 2.0350:
- Final hire/appointment of a candidate offered employment in this position is contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a job-related physical ability assessment.
- Current employees may be referred for a job-related physical ability assessment or reassessment upon their supervisor’s recommendation and subsequent approval by the Office of Human Resources, or upon the recommendation of the Office of Human Resources.
This position is eligible for Veteran’s preference.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Conditions of Employment
Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.