Endoscopy Tech - Full Time - Day Shift - Orlando Health St. Cloud Hospital
- Assists physicians with endoscopic examinations.
- Labels and sends specimens to proper department/location for analysis.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient status, technical equipment, or unit concerns to necessary healthcare workers.
- Prepares procedure area and equipment for procedure.
- Maintains, cleans, and stores endoscopic equipment and supplies.
- Reprocesses Flexible Endoscopes according to policy.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Completes all Orlando Health mandatory education.
- Attends department staff meetings as required.
- Assumes the responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Participates in nursing Environments of Care activities as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Maintain current BLS/Healthcare Provider Certification
- One (1) year clinical experience.
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.