Monitor Technician Per Diem - St. Cloud Hospital - 1st Shift
Department: STC Centralized Telemetry
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Situated in the heart of St. Cloud, Florida, Orlando Health St. Cloud Hospital (formerly St. Cloud Regional Medical Center) has served the residents of the surrounding Osceola County communities for more than 50 years. As a community hospital, Orlando Health St. Cloud provides quality, compassionate healthcare in a friendly, comfortable setting and convenient location.
An 84-bed, acute care hospital, Orlando Health St. Cloud offers comprehensive emergency, inpatient and outpatient care, with specialties including cardiology, critical care, infectious disease, orthopedics, radiology and full surgical services plus outpatient Rehabilitation Services and a Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Center. Our expert medical team includes skilled, board-certified physicians representing a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to provide for all your healthcare needs.
Monitor Tech is responsible for the continuous monitoring, interpretation, communication, and documentation of cardiac rhythms and rhythm components.
High school graduate or equivalent and:
Monitor Technician with prior related experience AND has passed an ECG competency assessment:
- Must pass Rhythm Test with grade of 84% or higher. If grade is below 84%, individual must take Orlando Healths basic ECG course and pass the exam within 60 days.
Monitor technician without previous related experience:
- Must take Orlando Healths basic ECG course and complete the Rhythm Test within 60 days with a pass rate of 84% or higher.
BLS/Health Care provider certification required.
- Monitors and reviews patient information to determine baseline cardiac rhythm.
- Demonstrates competency in telemetry lead placement for accurate cardiac rhythm analysis.
- Analyzes cardiac rhythm and records measurements, calculations, and interpretation of patient record in accordance every 6 hours and PRN with established protocols.
- Notifies Registered Nurse of cardiac rhythm or rhythm component changes and follows current escalation protocol.
- Notifies Registered Nurse if patient off monitor and follows current escalation protocol.
- Maintains current knowledge of the technical operation of the central monitoring station.
- Maintains/checks high and low alarm settings on every telemetry patient each shift.
- Gives/accepts shift reports to provide current patient information.
- Works with assigned nursing personnel to coordinate initiation and discontinuation of telemetry.
- Identifies and troubleshoots routine technical problems with the central monitoring system and initiates biomedical repairs as necessary.
- Advances own current knowledge of cardiac rhythm analysis and interpretation.
- Protects patient confidentiality and sensitive data at all times.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Safeguards electronic Equipment, keeping liquids away from computers, telemetry monitors, and phones.
- Maintains physical environment conducive to continuous telemetry monitoring, including but not limited to noise reduction and minimal foot traffic.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously, identifying self and responding to requests.
- Supports new ideas and promotes positive change. Remains calm and helpful during stressful situations.
- Attends staff meetings and meets all mandatory education requirements.
- Demonstrates commitment to service, organizational values, and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDRESS: 2906 17th Street St. Cloud FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.