MRI Technologist, Lead - Dr Phillips Radiology - Days - Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital
Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is an acute care facility serving southwest Orange County since 1985. Located about 10 miles southwest of the downtown Orlando Health campus, the 285-bed hospital offers a full spectrum of care that includes emergency care for all ages, including a dedicated pediatric emergency room supported by Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children; minimally invasive surgery, including being recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery; and orthopedic services, including Advanced Total Hip and Knee Replacement certification. The Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center Dr. Phillips, located on the hospital campus, allows patients community access to cancer care including chemotherapy and radiation treatment, medical oncology services, surgical oncology consultations, oncologic pharmacy services, laboratory facilities and Cancer Support
Community programs. The hospital also provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion Osceola in Kissimmee.
Directs daily workflow of the MRI department and assists the Imaging Services Supervisor and Imaging Services Manager.
Six (6) months of experience in MRI required
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and commitment to excellence standards
- Directs and assists, with daily workflow of the Imaging team to include patient flow, supply ordering, staff assignments, and resolution of customer service issues.
- Plans and prioritizes exam scheduling, and processing that support the needs of the patients and physicians.
- Ensures images meet the established Quality Control standards.
- Provides input to supervisor for evaluations/coaching plans.
- Actively participates in departmental projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Administers medical aid as required in cases of adverse reactions to contrast medication and/or other emergencies.
- Responsible for performing diagnostic imaging and related procedures as outlined in the technologist job description.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to the modality with responsibility for MRI safety.
- Demonstrates proficiency in contrast medication administration with and without use of power injectors.
- Applies principles of MRI safety to patients, self and others.
- Ensures safety of all customers.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.