Registered Nurse RN - Health Central PCU - Days
Department: OHC PCU
Status: Variable Full Time
ADDRESS: 10000 West Colonial Dr Ocoee FL 34761
Health Central Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is one of central Florida's most progressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden just minutes from Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 253-bed acute care hospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospitals commitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surrounding communities and neighbors.
As a Progressive Care Nurse at Health Central, you will be responsible for providing direct bedside care to patients in a multisystem Progressive Care Unit, to ensure the delivery of quality service and optimal patient flow. You will find rewards in playing a meaningful role that ensures every patient receives the safe, quality and personalized care they deserve.
Candidates who apply for this position can anticipate caring for higher acuity progressive COVID patients in this unit. This is a great opportunity to work alongside with, and learn from, our critical care nurses who occasionally float over into the PCU unit.
- Variable Full-Time, 3 - 12 hour shifts per week (7am - 7pm)
- Weekend rotations and volunteer holidays as needed.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's in Nursing preferred and must be willing to obtain within 36 months from date of hire (per ANCC Magnet; tuition reimbursement is available)
- Maintains current Florida RN license (or NCL compact)
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification required
- ACLS preferred; required to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Prior bedside care experience in a hospital setting required
- 12+ months prior RN experience in a hospital setting is strongly preferred
- Assesses patients needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patients progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.