Claims Adjuster Daily
When was the last time you had FUN at work? Because now is the time to join Frontline's Claims team. We take pride in what we do, and we have FUN. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to see what Frontline Insurance is all about and how you can enjoy coming to work. Hope you like the color GREEN!
Frontline Insurance provides reliable and exceptional service to coastal homeowners in the Southeast United States, particularly Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. For more than a decade, throughout active and slow hurricane seasons, we’ve stood strong to protect our clients and their homes.
Comprehensive benefits package includes options for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long term/short term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
The Daily Claims Adjuster is responsible for the timely and effective disposition of assigned homeowner claims in accordance with the available coverages and applicable Frontline procedures, laws and regulations. Obtains authority for payment or settlement of losses. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience handling property claims. This is an in-office position, located in our Lake Mary office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review, analyze, and process first party homeowner and dwelling property claims within Assigned authority limits to ensure the delivery of quality service to customers and the expectations of the company.
- Research and analyze policy coverage forms, regarding claim coverage analysis for claim settlement or denial.
- Conduct thorough claim investigations in determining coverage, cause and origin, liability, damages in establishing final resolution of the claim according to claim best practices.
- Establish adequate claim reserves according to potential claim exposures.
- Reviews and estimates costs of repair, replacement or compensation. Sets reserves in accordance with standard guidelines. Compares loss to policy coverage and refers claims to manager if loss exceeds adjuster authority levels
- Accurate evaluation of homeowner and dwelling property damage and additional living expense claims as required by each claim.
- Provide superior verbal and written customer service to all Frontline insureds whether you are assigned to their claim or not.
- Documentation of claim activity with emphasis on examining potential subrogation recoveries from other sources.
- Examine claims for potential fraud and adherence and referral to internal Special Investigations Unit (SIU), as appropriate.
- Alert reports to underwriting, marketing and/or management regarding questionable risks encountered to ensure that potential hazards are clearly analyzed.
- Participate in training.
- Participate in Claim Roundtable.
- Interfaces with company clients, carrier, adjusters, or covered parties. Communicates with agents regarding status of claim.
- Prepares for resolution of claim. Calculates settlement or payment and communicates with client, adjuster and customer. Authorizes payment or settlement of claims within provided guidelines or seeks authority from the carrier.
- Reviews and composes reservation of rights letters, settlement explanation letters, denial letters, or partial denial letters, as applicable. Forward to manager for review, as applicable.
- Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
- Resolves disputes regarding claims resolution. May reopen and re-evaluate claim, if necessary.
- Provide superior skills in claim evaluations, damages, documentation and negotiations.
- Participate in handling catastrophic claims, including working overtime when requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess superior verbal and written communicate skills
- Excellent typing and computer skills
- Possess superior skills in coverage evaluations, reservation of rights notifications, damage evaluation and negotiation skills
- Ability to exhibit skills in the following areas: honesty, integrity & unwavering business ethics.
- Detail-oriented organizational skills in multi-tasking environment with the ability to excel in a fast-paced dynamic claims environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree is preferred, however prior homeowner only claims experience of no less than 3 years. will be considered. Insurances designations, such as AIC, CPCU, SCLA are a plus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Florida Adjuster License – All Lines (620)
Ability to obtain:
North Carolina Adjuster License
South Carolina Adjuster License
Alabama Adjuster License
Georgia Adjuster License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.