Department: OHMG PreAdmission Testing
Status: Variable Full Time
The RN Staff is going to be working in the preadmission outpatient testing areas.
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing educational.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- ACLS certification for adult critical care areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). (See unit specific requirements for specialty certification)
- Based on area of assignment, two years of hospital experience may be required. Must meet unit specific performance competencies.
- Assesses patients needs when developing an individualized plan of care for each patient.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Prescribes, delegates, coordinates, and documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized unit.
- Provides input into staff development needs, hospital and/or nursing committees, nursing research activities, and performance management activities of co-workers and self.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center
(ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is
the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the
region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and
emergency care needs, including serving as Central Floridas only Level One Trauma Center. The
hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and
expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic
care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World Report
as a Best Hospital in Central Florida and rated high performing in nine adult procedures and
conditions. Thirteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC currently hold Beacon Awards for
Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses,
making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the state.
ADDRESS: 65 W Sturtevant St Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.