Cardiology Scheduling Coordinator - Orlando Health Heart and Vascular Institute - Spring Lake
Department: Spring Lake OHHI Cardiology Gp
Status: Full Time
The Scheduling Coordinator will communicate regularly with physicians, which may include, patients, ancillary and surgical areas to involve: scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellation of single/multiple tests and procedures
High school graduate or GED required.
One year of experience in scheduling required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The scheduling coordinator will coordinate case flow in the office.
- Communicate regularly with physicians, rounding nurses and their offices, patients and all other departments.
- Consistently and constantly reviewing the schedule daily and communicates all changes to physicians, staff and other departments.
- Assists in locating studies, supplies or equipment, obtaining pertinent patient information that will impact daily operations.
- Performs data input as required on computer terminals and collects all department statistics which are entered into access as our database.
- Completes work orders and communicates with engineering regarding problems with the area.
- Communicates all problems associated with daily schedule operations to the Manager or designee.
- Responsible for entry of patient charges.
- Participates in department and/or corporate process improvement activities serving as a resource on patient flow.
- Able to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Able to maintain compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Assists in care and maintenance of department supplies, equipment.
- Ensures that all faxes are sent to the appropriate department and personnel.
- Maintains department records and files as required.
- Completes all mandatory education.
- Attends in-services/meetings as required.
- Performs other duties assigned as they relate to the quality of patient care and unit maintenance.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.