Customer Care Business Analyst- Operations Support
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Provides functional, procedural, or strategic guidance to create value, maximize growth and improve business performance for the organization.
The Business Process Sr Consultant I will be responsible for aiding in the development and implementation of consulting projects. Leads projects of moderate complexity and may direct the work of other team members. Has a strong understanding of programs, policies, and procedures in a business area or technical field and leverages information to consult and develop statements of work for moderate level projects. May serve as a subject matter expert.
Demonstrates understanding of business unit and/or industry systems, processes and requirements
- Applies an advanced knowledge of programs, policies, and procedures in a business area or technical field gained through experience and training; uses that knowledge to structure and implement tactical change
- Utilizes knowledge to contribute to the development of functional strategy for one or more areas of the business
- Understands departmental cost structure and recommends solutions that will positively impact profitability and operational efficiencies
- Integrates subject matter knowledge with industry experience, relevant related disciplines and process design principles to impact department results through innovation and provision of authoritative advice, pertaining to the various departments; Accounting, Claim Services, Printing, Imaging, Call Services, and Transactional Processing
- Applies strong understanding of competitor/industry practices to design and implement new programs or business solutions related to Printing, Imaging, Accounting, Claim Services, Transactional Processing and Call Services
- Provides internal professional and technical leadership to contribute to strategic decisions affecting business unit
Gathers and analyzes business and stakeholder requirements. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures.
- Analyzes and forecasts volumes, trends and resources within business unit
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Develops skills through research, consulting, questioning of stakeholders requirements and requests to analyze problems related to systems implementation to provide solutions for stakeholders
- May direct the work of other staff members
- Contributes to functional strategy by identifying and recommending the best solutions for clients/stakeholders
- Breaks down complex stakeholder requirements and Operations solutions information in a systematic and communicable manner and delivers message to others
- Is responsible for providing and monitoring cost per transaction
- Markets new programs and initiatives, builds consensus among decision makers of the various departments and gains support for difficult decisions/solutions for stakeholders to meet business needs
Ensures successful completion of projects.
- Leads projects of moderate complexity to support business unit and department objectives
- Consults and acts as subject matter expert on the development, review and final approval of project estimates and statements of work for moderate efforts
- Enlists commitment by involving stakeholders, leadership, peers and others involved with current project at all stages of the process to meet customer and business partner needs
Initiates and supports business optimization efforts to enable effective and efficient delivery of valued services.
- Defines and leads current and future state design sessions for moderately complex situations
- Develops and articulates the scope, objectives, approach, and deliverables of the process redesign effort
- Implements business optimization initiatives within area of responsibility
- Writes implements and coordinates business plans across the department
- College Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Insurance industry knowledge or consulting certifications (i.e. BPM, Six Sigma, ASQ, Facilitation) a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.